Friday, August 23, 2013

Verizon Woes

Because we live out in the country, cell phone reception can be a bit inconsistent.  The Verizon people told me a network extender would do the trick in solving the reception drops and I ordered one...I did tell them we had a dish and HughesNet was our provider...NO PROBLEM I was told.
The extender arrived last night and after 5 hours of installation and tech assistance, Joe and I were asked about our internet provider again and when I mentioned HughesNet, the tech went crazy!
We should NEVER have been sold an extender as we have a satellite dish!
So...the extender is on its way back to Verizon Land.
I did speak with someone at our Verizon store this morning and he profusely apologized and explained they had no idea the extender wouldn't work with a dish.  He admitted the staff needs some education and was going to make the appropriate calls to make sure they get it.
 
It's all about communication...and that is Verizon's business.
If we can learn something from unfortunate experiences, the time was not entirely lost.
That's what age does...It mellows you.


No comments:

Post a Comment