Friday, August 30, 2013

A Journal Just For Me Thanks to Susan Wittig Albert

I downloaded this BRAND NEW book on my Kindle app today and can't wait to read it...It's all about the "real" story behind the writing of The Little House Books!
 
 
I am deeply entrenched in Susan's Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter right now!
 

And then I started reading Susan's autobiography, focusing on her marriage.
I LOVE this book and have been inspired to write a journal for my eyes only.
 

I started my journal today!!!
 

Just a peek...
~I have needed to do this for a long time~
Thank you, Susan Wittig Albert, for your inspiration...


2 comments:

  1. I bought a book called "Becoming Laura Ingalls Wilder: The Woman Behind the Legend" by John E. Miller that also explains about Rose's collaboration and rewriting of Laura's stories to make them more attractive for the children's book market.

    It has a lot of information on Rose and her disappointment in her life in later years. She was an excellent writer, I have another book called "A Little House Sampler" with some of Laura's newspaper columns and Rose's stories etc. that is very good with lots of photographs.

    When I was 28 or so, I bought a boxed collection of the Little House Books, so I could read and reread them. Lots of good information on how they did things. Great books, two VERY interesting women. You will enjoy this book Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved The Little House books forever and have been intrigued by the mother-daughter writing team for years! There is always a story behind the story...

      Delete