Monday, August 5, 2013

Our Canoeing Adventure

Sunday was the perfect day for Joe and I to FINALLY go canoeing!
  

I just love the name of our canoe...
 
 
Here we are at Charles Mill Lake!
 

Off we go...
 

Heaven!
 

Captain Joe...
 

Fairy lights dancing on the water...
 

We felt as though we were miles away from civilization.
 

I wanted to sit on that low branch, but Joe just kept on paddling.
 

Picture perfect!
 

Joe scooped up this heart leaf with his paddle and gallantly presented it to me.
Joe really gave me his heart years ago, and I am grateful for him every single day!
 

A Sitting Stone!
 

Peacefulness...
 

Living in the moment...
 

Sandy Point...
 

The last storm did some damage to this dock.
 

Time to head back to shore...
 
~It was the best of times~


2 comments:

  1. What an enjoyable way to spend some time together. It has been years since I canoed and it is so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it was the first time we've been out all summer! Where does the time go?

      Delete