Thursday, August 1, 2013

Some Extracurricular Activities

I love being home and spending hours in my studios creating and telling doll stories, but just lately I have missed being out in the world.
 
So...
 
I LOVE rug hooking!
 

I use yarn and wool for my traditional rug hooking projects.
 

This was my first piece and I was actually able to enter it in a show years ago.
 

My hooking tools are out and ready for the rug hooking class I will be taking beginning in September.  My teacher is one of my former preschool moms and is talented beyond words.
 
I am over the moon excited about returning to the world of hooking...rug hooking that is!
 
And then...

I am going to be an official OSU Buckeye starting in just a few weeks!
We are lucky to have a branch nearby.
 

Ohio State offers Program 60, which allows people 60 and over to take classes free of charge...for no credit and NO required homework, etc.  We are just invited to enjoy the classes and contribute to the discussions.
 
How wonderful is that?  I signed up for 2 classes and if there is room...paying students first, of course...I will be admitted!
I will let you know which classes I hopefully get into.
 
~I think both of these activities are just what I need right now~


3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love old-timey rug hooking. I am emulating that for 1:12 scale dollhouses by using French knots on muslin. I use 2 threads of embroidery floss and do one knot. As you lay them down it creates a tight pile much like rug hooking. I have finished one, but need to back it, and started another.

    Seems to me Vicki that you just got a new dollhouse, so this French knot technique might appeal to you. Look at some examples online--they are amazing and look in scale for dollhouses, plus you can do you own art.

    Just what we all need--another project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea...I have not heard of doing that and I love French knots! Thank you again, Knower of so Many Things!

      Delete
  2. Tryer of many things might be more the mark. The Great Attempter!

    ReplyDelete