Monday, August 19, 2013

Acceptance

Late this afternoon, I received a message on my answering machine from the OSU Program 60 Director.  She was very apologetic, but told me I was being "bumped" from the Children's Literature class due to last minute enrollment changes.  Classes start on Wednesday.  I was surprised because I was told to go ahead and get my books last week as I was definitely "in".  My afternoon class may also be in jeopardy, and I really don't want to spend more time driving than attending class.
So...I am no longer a Buckeye.
 
I must say I accepted the news with remarkable calm...disappointment...but calm.  There is absolutely nothing I can do about it and maybe it just wasn't meant to be.
 
There will be other adventures...There always are!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! You know what, though? You can still write and do all the things you want without taking those classes. Look at all you have already accomplished and STILL going strong!

    You ROCK, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Carolyn...Thank you for your kind words and positive support! I don't need an organized system to pursue information gathering, that's for sure. And really...I have so many unfinished projects calling my name!
      You are the BEST!

      Delete
  2. You still have the books, so you can follow along in a way.

    I once took a University course but dropped out fairly early, and yet the textbooks and additional reading were mine so I just kept reading about the subject. Not quite the same but interesting. Think of the gas money you'll save.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually returned the books because they weren't what I was hoping for...and you are right...self study can be very rewarding because it is what I do anyway...just as you do, I am sure! And again you are correct in stating I will be saving gas money!
      I am at peace.

      Delete
  3. How disappointing for you, but still they say things happen for a reason and I am sure it is a very good reason just waiting to be discovered!

    ReplyDelete