Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Potpourri Kind of Day

Today has been a day for being.  My mind has been quite busy, but my creative hands...not so much.
 

I woke up thinking about my grandson and what a joyful little being he is...and how blessed I am to be his grandmother.
 

I finished reading this fascinating book based on women photographers of days past and their interesting, bohemian lives.
 

I downloaded this classic to my Kindle app and can't wait to read it!
How did I ever miss it?
 

I discovered the British literary sensation, Samantha Shannon, who is just 21 years old and being hailed as the next J. K. Rowling.
I am not sure if I will enjoy her futuristic fantasy, but I might give it a try.
I read some of her blog and was fascinated by her thoughts on world building.  I have done that with Hittyville, but want to take it a step further in writing and pictures...
J.R.R. Tolkien was a master of world building with his Lord of the Rings.
 

I am in an old movie mode and watched this 1944 film which was REALLY good!
 
And then this afternoon I walked and thought about one of my favorite subjects...the imagination!
 

 
 
 

 

 
 
And finally...
 

I am so blessed I was born with a happy heart.
I consider it one of God's greatest gifts to me...


2 comments:

  1. Mistress Masham's Repose is AWESOME. I love that book. It's one we just can't seem to keep in stock at the book store. I hope you'll enjoy it too.

    Imagination is an awesome thing, and I think you've got plenty of it. You're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful comment to wake up to! Thank you so much, dear Miranda! You have quite an awesome imagination yourself! Just visited your blog and loved the camper! You were just an hour from Hittyville when you visited the show! I hope it was a great experience...

      Delete