Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Abe's First Trip to Huntington Beach

Amy invited me to spend some time with her... and Abe...and suggested we meet up at Huntington Beach in Bay Village, Ohio, where I grew up.
I was so thrilled to share Abe's first visit to the beach, where I spent many afternoons in my younger days.
The view remains unchanged.
 

The rocks are so much like the ones that protected my Oma and Opa's beach which was just west of Huntington Beach.  Cassi and I would claim our own rocks and imagine them as rooms of our separate beach houses.
Ah, those were the days...
 

The best exercise in the world was and still is climbing up and down the stairs to the Lake Erie beach.
 

I wonder if that majestic old tree remembered me...I sure do remember her!
 

I enjoyed watching the creative movement class.
 
And then....
Amy and Abe arrived and we took a "stroll" around the park.  The Pavilion in the background is the same one my mom held my fifth birthday party in...and now I was there with my grandson and daughter-in-law 58 years later!!!
 

We found just the spot to relax for a bit...
 

Amy dressed Abe in a little boat outfit in honor of his Lake Adventure.
 

Look how long Abe is!
 

Amy is without a doubt, the BEST mother in the world.
 
Time for lunch...
While Amy and I feasted at the Cheesecake Factory, Abe was happily entertained by Monkey.
 

How I love that child...
 

Amy had some grocery shopping to do at Trader Joe's, so I took charge of a fussy baby...who after some fancy footwork on my part...fell soundly asleep in his stroller.
 

Perfect...
 
Thank you, dear Amy, for inviting me on an Abe Adventure.
~It was DEFINITELY the BEST of times~


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful beach, scenery and of course baby! A wonderful time was had indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip and a beautiful place filled with memories! How fun that must have been for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has blessed me in ways I could only imagine...and for that, I am filled with gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abe is growing so fast and such a happy smiling baby-course I can see why with the Best MOm and GrandMom ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind words, dear Linda!

      Delete