Friday, November 8, 2013

Naive Art

I came across this wonderful paper cut collage by Amanda White, who loves creating houses of authors.  This is Jane Austin's home.  I noticed Amanda called herself a Naive Artist.
I had never heard that term and decided to do a bit of research.


Probably the most noted Naive Artist is Rousseau.  Although considered a French Post-Impressionist, the Naive Movement claims Rousseau as one of their own.
This kind of art has a childlike simplicity about it, but is actually not simple to create.


Grandma Moses is probably one of the most well known of Naive Artists in our country.  Primitive and Folk Art are also terms used to describe this genre of art.


Barabara Sala's work.


Art by Dawn Peterson.


No credit was available for this painting.


Rozalija Markov's art.


Another Markov piece.


I was especially enamored with the work of Serbian artist, Zuzana Chalupova.  She was a babushka wearing country woman who painted hundreds of "stories" depicting Serbian life in the past.

Oh, there have been and still are SO many AMAZING artists in the world!  I am beyond thankful for the gifts of each and every single one of them...

3 comments:

  1. I love naïve art although I had never heard the term before. I think that Bonnie White and Charles Wysocki might be considered as naïve artists as well. Thanks for sharing this. Linda S. from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! You are right...the others would definitely be considered Naive Artists...There is something so charming about the paintings! Hope all is well with you and your family!

      Delete
    2. Yes, things are well and busy, as usual. I spend most of my time on the internet on Pinterest right now. I am addicted I'm afraid, but it's almost as good as collecting and doesn't take up as much room. Hope you are well and love the pictures of your grandson. Babies are wonderful and they grow very fast. God bless, Linda S. from Canada

      Delete