Monday, October 28, 2013

Our Sunday Adventure and Ruby

 During our Sunday morning tea, Joe wondered if I would like to journey to Columbus for the big doll show at the Aladdin Shrine Center.
Wow!  What a husband!

Twenty minutes later...
Joe and I hopped on 71 and stopped for our usual traveling breakfast.
Not exactly a breakfast of champions, but it sure does taste good.

An hour later...
The Olentangy Valley Doll Club of Ohio puts on a wonderful doll show.


It really is a huge show.  Vendors come from all over the United States.


I met Cynthia DeHoff and all I can say is AMAZING!  This talented lady is a fellow Hitty Friend and makes pin dolls, small dolls, Hitty dolls, and sculpts her own beautiful dolls.  I look forward to receiving her doll list...complete with pictures!

I did find a new Hittyville Friend...more in a bit!


Time for lunch!


The doll show was right across the street from Easton, so of course we stopped at the American Girl store!  Can you believe I walked out with nothing at all?

And then...
I was in craft heaven!  I found TONS of supplies for my classes and had the most fun exploring.

Finally...
Heading home, Joe and I enjoyed the scenery and iPod music.  I sang my heart out for the entire hour!

Back home...
I have wondered what the Strawberina dolls look like in "person".
I fell in love...


Ruby reminds me of Ginny and Betsy McCall...all wrapped in one doll.
She really is beautiful!


The strawberry heart on her back is so cute...


Now to get Ruby dressed!  The clothes are the highest quality ever...


All dressed up and ready to find her place in Hittyville.


Oh perfect!  Ruby and Ginny have totally hit it off.
I think I hear Ginny asking Ruby to be her very own sister...


My heart is full!
~Ruby Harrington, welcome to Hittyville~

It was the BEST of days...

1 comment:

  1. Oh how lovely for you, a great day had AND a fabulous new doll and sister for Ginny, just perfect! What a great pair they make.

    ReplyDelete