Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nostalgia

 I loved my childhood homestead and always felt blessed...even as a young child...to live in a Swiss Chalet nestled deep...at that time...in a beautiful forest. 
 
 
Over the years, my parents added on and tinkered with the design, but the essence of the house remained the same.
 

After my parents passed away and our homestead went up for sale, Joe built me my own Elliott Homestead...for which I am forever grateful!
 
And then...during my early morning iPad time today, I came upon...
This amazing Swiss home in Portland, Oregon!
 

Although this is a Steiner Cabin, the feel was the same...at least to me.
 

This room reminded me SO much of our own Great Room...The decorating is much the same as my parents, although my mother would have considered it "too much".  My dad would have loved it!
We even had the same type of braided carpeting years ago in our living room.
 
The memories overwhelmed me, but in the happiest of ways.  Time has eased the intensity of missing my parents, but I do miss them...every single day.


2 comments:

  1. It certainly looks like you had the most amazing home and I can well imagine how these images stirred up overwhelming memories. How wonderful that Joe was able to make you your own Elliot homestead. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete