Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Sister, The Artist

Laguna Beach Coastline by Kate Coleman

Yesterday morning, my obviously over-the-top talented sister decided to do a painting from one of her many beautiful photographs she takes on her walks.
In just a couple hours time, Kate was able to capture the magnificent coastline with canvas and acrylic paints.
Kate's style is her own, but I can tell she is our father's daughter.  Oh, he would be so proud of her work!  I know I am...
I asked Kate about her creative process and really, she just paints from her artistic soul, letting the brush direct her, rather than her directing each and every stroke.
Maybe this is the reason you felt called to move to California, dear sister...
To paint.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my dear sister for your very kind words. I am truly humbled.....

    The views are so breathtakingly beautiful I find it difficult not to paint them...

    With love from SoCal,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete