Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Life Imitates Hittyville

Vicki loves her studio time, but misses the companionship of fellow artists.
Hmm...
 
After a few calls...
Vicki called the Art to Heart group together for the first of hopefully, MANY gatherings.  Everyone likes meeting at the River Café...good food, wonderful atmosphere, and lots of Hittyville Friends to say hello to!
 
 
Beatrix Potter suggests the ladies all read Susan Branch's book, A Fine Romance, and then spend a bit of time discussing it the next time they get together.
 

Vicki found a fantastic online Art Journal course which takes a year to complete...but thinks it might be more fun to devise her own Yearbook of 2014.
She wonders what her Friends have to say about that?
 

Madeleine L'Engle is getting ready to write a Spiritual Journal and would love to exchange ideas with Vicki and the group.
 

Bella is excited about a book she is working on which features her own paper dolls experiencing the joys of every month.  She wants to include paper dolls  and outfits based on monthly holidays, weather, etc.
Bella would appreciate any and all ideas!
 
Later at the future Miller Homestead...
Vicki is bursting at the seams to share every detail of the Art to Heart gathering with Joe.
 

The ladies have decided to meet at least twice a week at the River Café for starters!
Vicki has never been SO excited. There is nothing quite like the fellowship of artists.
 
 
Meanwhile...
My little story is based on some reality.  I wish I did have a group of artist friends to share ideas with...in person.
I did find an e-course which helps you make an Art Journal and is a year long project.  I liked the concept, but would rather determine the subject material and art technique on my own.
I started my own idea notebook today!
 

I will assign myself one art journal page a week for an entire year and put the subject material and art technique on the calendar pages I downloaded this morning.
For example, the first week of January my subject will be Resolutions and the technique might be word collage, stamping, and original colored pencil drawings...
I know I have 52 ideas and now I need to list them in my Art Journal Handbook.
 
~I will most definitely have to follow the progress of my doll counterpart in Hittyville!


4 comments:

  1. I so know what you mean about wishing you had a group of like minded friends to meet up with on a regular basis. Wouldn't it be the best?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several times during my journey I have been blessed with such friends and was so enriched by those gatherings.

      Delete
  2. We could make a facebook group to exchange art ideas. It´s not quite the same as getting together in person, but, well... :)
    We could even call it the River Café.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...something to think about, dear Yukari.

      Delete