Thursday, July 10, 2014

Adopting a New Friend

I just HAD to adopt this sweet little bear I found looking so lonely at Barnes and Noble yesterday. 


My new companion was very eager to show me something in the Handbook.


 After studying bear names in the Handbook for who knows how long, my bear friend wanted to be called Honey.
So, Honey it was.

And then...
 After being cooped up for SO long in a box, I decided Honey's first outing should be to the beach.
Honey just sat and sat and didn't say a word.


Honey turned toward me slowly and shyly and wondered if she might change her name to Sandy...in honor of her very first adventure.
I gave my precious bear a very big hug and told her Sandy was just the name for her.


As we got ready to climb up the steps, back to our car, Sandy whispered in my ear she might like me to carry her.  After all, she still had her "box legs" and was a bit wobbly.
I gladly gave my Sandy Bear a ride up the many steps and by the time we reached the top, a certain little cub was fast asleep in my arms.

It was the best of days for Sandy...and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment