Sunday, July 6, 2014

Abe's Family Fourth of July

 Hi Friends!  I thought I would share my Fourth of July with all of you.
I hope you had as much fun as I did!
Here I am getting ready to go to my FIRST Bay Days...


 Mommy, Daddy, and me...of course...met Grandpa Joe, Oma, and Brooke at the carnival in Bay Village.


 My Oma used to go to this very same festival when she was a little girl...over 60 years ago...and then she took Daddy and Auntie Brooke when they were little...and now everyone is taking ME!


 I might not be big enough for the rides yet, but I sure had fun watching them!


I heard someone yelling my name and I looked up and my cousins were in the air flying on that crazy machine!
Boy, they sure looked like they were having fun...


 Auntie Brooke could tell I was getting restless and suggested we play some games.


 I saw that little boy shooting darts at the balloons and can't wait until I am big enough to do that!


 Well, Daddy is big enough and he broke ALL THREE of his balloons and he won me a present!


 Mommy got a prize too and thought my dog sisters might like a new toy.
I guess that's okay even though I kind of wish I could have had two toys, but I am learning to share.


 Daddy thought I would like the lemur...that's a type of monkey...and I did!
Thank you, Daddy!


 We decided to take a snack break and rest under a tree.  
I was hoping Daddy would share some of his french fries with me since he is all about sharing, but he didn't.  I need healthy food because I am still growing.


 I got some ketchup on my face because Mommy gave me a little bit of the breading on her corn dog.
I love Mommy!


 I was feeling a little bit cold and I felt a shiver.
I loved the feeling and practiced shivering four more times.


 I really liked being at Bay Days with my family and plan on taking my children to the carnival someday!


 It was time to head to Cassi's house for a party...
I love our family gatherings!

At the Foran Homestead...
 I learned that America celebrates her birthday on July Fourth...AND...our country's colors are red, white, and blue!
I think I am going to pick out some colors which will be Abe colors.


 I was very happy to see my cousins, Keith and Dion.


 I sure do love blanket time in the summer.


 I also love puzzle time!


 Being surrounded by my family made me feel like doing the happy dance.
Maybe later...


 My Aunt Kate is back from California and we are all thrilled we can see her whenever we want.  She was talking to her daughter, Kristen, in this picture.


 This is just part of my wonderful, funny family.


 Daddy and Auntie Brooke talked about their schools at the party.
Just think, they are both teachers...and Oma was a teacher.
I wonder if I will be a teacher?  Time will tell.


 Aunt Kate was wishing my Uncle John good luck on his BIG adventure.
He is moving to New Mexico to work on his music.  He is a recording artist and traveling to Berlin...that's in Germany...and Japan later this summer to do some concerts.
He wears scarves around his neck like I do.
Maybe I will be a rock star instead of a teacher.
Hmm...


 We had barbecued ribs for dinner and here they are waiting to be grilled.
They were DELICIOUS and I had corn on the cob too!  Mommy had to cut the corn off the cob, but next year, I will chew the corn off the cob myself!


 Cassi and Aunt Kate made cherry cake for Oma and America's birthday cake for everybody because it was red, white, and blue and YUMMY!


 After all that food, I decided to play a little after-dinner music for my family.


 A bit later, Keith and I went for a crawl and then had a cousin to cousin discussion.

And then...
It was time to head back to Tremont to continue packing for our big move to West Park.
I have the busiest life of any baby I know!

See you next time, dear Friends!
~Love from Abe~

A huge thank you to Cassi and Pat for hosting our family party.
We all had the best of times!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm the mom of Stephen's girlfriend, and I am originally from Bay. I loved seeing the picture of Bay Days; I used to save my allowance for months so I had plenty of spending money for the carnival. I told Kirsten all I wanted for my birthday this August is a day in Bay with her and Stephen. Once they have a better idea of theatre/work commitments, we'll be making our plans. Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry! Thank you for introducing yourself! Your daughter is a sweetheart...I can't wait to hear all about your Special Bay Birthday! Did you graduate from Bay High School?
      With happy thoughts~~
      Vicki

      Delete
    2. My sister did (BHS '71), but we moved to the Chicago area when I was 15 and a sophomore. I got married in Bay in '81, but I've only driven through twice since then. If the kids' schedules will allow, the tentative plan is to meet at the Center (do they still call it that?), unload our bikes, and ride around for a good portion of the day (or until my legs and backside ask for relief). I'm really looking forward to the visit...Sherry

      Delete
    3. I am not sure what Bay Villagers call the "Center" now...I will have to ask my sister! I hope you have the best of times riding bikes around Bay Village. I know I enjoyed doing that for years and years!

      Delete