Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Abe's Moving Day

 Hello Friends!  I am so excited to tell you all about my very first moving day.
This apartment building in Tremont is where I spent my entire first year of life.


 I can't even count all the times I was carried up the first flight of steps and into our cozy little apartment.


 Uncle Steve and Grandpa Joe helped Daddy move the big furniture into the truck.  I wish I could have helped.


 Auntie Brooke and Oma watched me while Mommy finished packing up the kitchen.
I never had so much crawling space!


 I was feeling a little bit sad about leaving our apartment, but feeling VERY happy about moving into my new house.
I think this is the first time I have ever felt happy and sad at the same time.
Life was much simpler when I was younger.

Later...
 We did it!  We moved!


 Auntie Brooke watched me climb the steps.  I LOVE my new steps!  I like to pretend I am climbing a mountain. 


 Grandpa Joe got to work on putting up gates for my dog sisters.
I know I don't need them!


 My next goal is to climb up on that window ledge and watch the squirrels chase each other in my island park in the middle of our street.


 Auntie Brooke and Oma played games with me while everybody else was moving in boxes and furniture.
Auntie Kate stopped by to say hello and bring us yummy treats!  She is very funny and makes me laugh.


Auntie Brooke thought we should take a walk and so we did!


 I have decided to call our island park...Squirrel Park.


 I could see my house way at the other end of the park.


 I am going to play T-Ball in my park when I get a little bit bigger.


 The last thing I remembered seeing was my neighborhood library because I fell asleep.
It was a busy day!  Mommy, Oma, Auntie Brooke and I also went shopping for all kinds of stuff you need when you move into a new house.
Whew!


Day Two...
 Grandpa Joe was up bright and early on the farm cutting down fence pieces to put in our yard to keep my dog sisters from getting lost.


 Ginny and Hitty are Oma's Doll Friends and they go everywhere with her.
They were quite excited about visiting me again!


 Daddy was trying to figure out what to do next.
The DISH man just got our TV working...but who has time for that?
Not us!


 Mommy and I LOVE our new house!


 Grandpa Joe put up lots of little fences!


 Grandpa Joe told me he had to think like Ellie and Lucy to find places he would escape through if he was a dog.
We sure are lucky to have Grandpa Joe in our family!


Grandpa Joe showed Daddy how to use Daddy's brand new lawn mower.


 All this moving business made me extremely hungry.
I was even liking the green peas!


 I have some very big news to share!  I am walking all by myself...three steps at a time...but it's a start!


 There are just so many things to be happy about!


 Mommy told me the pool man is coming next week and we will be able to play in the pool very soon.
I can't wait for that!


I took an after dinner walk around my BIG living and dining room!
But first...I shared a pea with Ellie.

And then...
I have my very own driveway!  I need to learn how to ride a bike...
I have so many wonderful adventures to look forward to!

See you next time, Friends!
~Love from Abe~

No comments:

Post a Comment