Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Projects Update

Am I getting ready for a trip to Paris?
Sort of...
My internet friend, Judy, and I have been discussing how it makes more sense for us to create our own adventures rather than pay for them via classes.
Judy thought she might go on an adventure to some distant land through journaling, art, etc.
I LOVED her idea and am taking Vicki of Hittyville on an exciting trip to PARIS!
More later...
Thank you, Judy!


Joe is working away on the Miller Homestead barn...
~Yay~


Soul Book page...


 Life Book 2014 project for the week...
Once again, this in no way resembles the artist's work, but I definitely incorporated all the techniques...one of which was using gesso over my selected pictures.


 I really am on a mission to finish the Alpha Girls!


 I rediscovered My ABC Nutshell Philosophy I doodled almost 40 years ago!
I am going to update the little book...put the pictures on heavy paper...and arrange them on a large canvas.
This will be a labor of true love!


I found these cards and during our TV time, will draw some little ABC pictures.
Have you noticed how much I love the alphabet?


Sometimes I get overwhelmed by my own self and need to get organized.
I have decided to make an Art Chart and hang it by my art table.  I will pin on "project circles" to remind myself of all the fun things I have to complete!


I have SO missed my composition book Journal.  I have my Calendar Book and Gratitude Journal, but don't really have a place to just write down my thoughts.  It really helps me to process all that goes on in my busy head.
As of today, I am back in business!

~Now to spend some time in Hittyville...It's all about balance~

4 comments:

  1. My philosophy is that if you don't start something, it will not exist for you to pick up and work on at a later time. Wow, all your Paris accoutrements look great. I'm glad you are having fun with the idea. I think you will find it expansive.

    Regarding gesso, I have painted gesso over pictures from magazines or printed from the computer. Particularly with portraits, this can turn out wonderful things. I have an image on my business card from such an exercise.

    You could print out a picture of Joe from the computer, spray it with a fixative (I use Krylon Workable Fixative), and when dry put a light layer of gesso on--enough so you can still see some of the photo, but other parts use more gesso to obscure, and then paint a new Joe. A nice picture of you and Joe sitting by the labyrinth maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your philosophy about the importance of starting projects...
      Joe loved your idea about "gesso-ing" a picture of him as well as the labyrinth setting. You have the best ideas...Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I saw that Judy was going to be 'visiting' Chile and with you going to Paris there should be some very interesting and fun journalling going on between the two of you. You certainly have a lot of wonderful and interesting supplies that should keep you busy and stimulated :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine...You are the luckiest of all because you are planning a REAL adventure to New Zealand! I so look forward to your entire experience...

      Delete