Thursday, January 16, 2014

More Evolving

I generally don't blog in the morning, but have decided when the spirit moves me to put down a few words...I will do that.  And this afternoon, I will probably share a Hittyville story or two.  This "evolving" project for 2014 is really the most wonderful of personal adventures.
So...in order to attend to my own little world...I need to focus.  I have written about that before.  Right now, at this very moment, I have a glorious abundance of projects which need attention.  Like many of you, my day speeds by at an alarming rate and I want to embrace every moment as best I can.
I started thinking about what I can do to make better use of my time.  The very first thing that came to mind was eliminating "mind clutter".  Facebook and Twitter are my main culprits in this area.  I often take a break from those social networks, think I miss it, get back on...and then...for the most part...come back to the realization it is a waste of my time.
I know I can "make it be what I want it to be"...but quite honestly, I don't want to even think about it.  After I publish this blog, I am going to deactivate my accounts.  Whew!  I feel better already.

~I hope you all have a good day filled with happy thoughts~

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news Vicki, I think you'll be happier.

    I've been saying since 2008 how vacuous Facebook is, when I tried it for 10 days and then deleted my account. Twitter is twenty times worse. Businesses support such sites by saying they need to get the word out, need to network and advertise, but I find business information at Facebook annoying because there is so much extraneous off-topic chat. It's time-consuming and yields little information. At Twitter it is downright foolish looking and degrades your worth as a company to have all that nonsense and chat and goofiness. Some day people will wake up to the damage these sites do to reputations both personal and work-related, and the futility of their useless "service."

    I am quite passionate about my view that these sites, far from being necessary, actually degrade and impede human intellect.

    Those of us who rocket through several disciplines of creativity a month have trouble focusing to begin with, and to start checking e-mail every 30 minutes or Facebook et al. wires you up until there is no hope to calm down enough to make things. For me that is the ultimate criticism of such places, they erode my creativity.

    It's not a good thing. I am happiest on the days I am making things and thinking creatively. That doesn't happen zoning out on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Judy! You hit every nail on the head...and extremely well said. It was very disappointing to see so many ads and recommended pages...and the artists I was following are mostly into selling their work and pushing their endorsed products. And then there are the recipes, cartoons, endless videos, suggested games, etc. I was interested in connecting with family...but they can also email, call, or reach me here on my blog.
      I'm with you...It's just not my thing.

      Delete