Friday, January 17, 2014

Another Electronic Device Down

This has been quite a couple of weeks...My camera, computer, printer, and now the TV satellite receiver have ALL had to be replaced!
I think there must be little Gremlins having a joyous time in our home...
We have been without TV programming for 3 days and I really do think watching TV is a habit.  The first day, I found myself wanting to turn on CNN to hear what was happening in the world.  Yesterday, I didn't even think about turning it on.  In the late evening, my little family usually watches a show or two, either "live" or taped.  As an aside, we will lose any taped DVR shows because the new receiver has a different hard drive.  Brooke is not happy about that.  We are unable to get the kind of internet connection which allows you to stream TV shows on your computer.
We did watch a couple of old Mannix episodes I have on DVD.  I was totally happy with that.
The new receiver is supposed to arrive by UPS today with "easy" instructions on how to set it up.  I think Brooke will be the most happy to have our TV back up and running because she loves watching sports.
So...could I live without TV?
When I watch TV, I multi-task.  I catch up on my journaling and do handwork for that hour or two each evening and I do enjoy the together time with Joe and Brooke. And on occasion, there are some wonderful shows...like Downton Abbey...I would not want to miss.  Yes, I could live without TV...but I don't really want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment