Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Part of My Evolution

As part of my Evolving Year, I am revisiting different chapters of my life and realizing it is healthy and necessary to move on.  
Yesterday, I felt an overwhelming sadness I was no longer teaching.  I must admit, the strong emotions surprised me because I truly believed it was time for me to switch gears...so to speak...after 38 years.
I missed the children, the actual act of teaching, the companionship of fellow teachers, planning lessons, and the smell of the crayons in the hands of young students!
I started wondering if someone would hire a 63 old teacher or should I once again start my own school, etc.
And then...
I knew in my heart I did not want to teach again.  I love being home doing my art and telling my stories.  This is where I am supposed to be...for now.
It is perfectly okay to miss a huge part of my life which I loved passionately.
I also miss my childhood and Brooke and Noah's childhoods...but the lesson of life is to keep the joyful times of the past in our hearts and make sure there is plenty of room for all the wonderful moments of today.
We are all constantly evolving in this Life Adventure...The long shadows of yesterday MUST NOT eclipse today's amazing chapter, which for me, includes being part of my grandson's life.  
~Lesson learned~

No comments:

Post a Comment