Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Personal Evolution Continues

I know I must sound like a broken record. I am constantly debating whether to publicly blog, join in on social media or keep my thoughts and stories in my own personal journals and scrapbooks...which I have been doing as of late.
My life and art are sacred to me.  Sharing who I am and what I think makes me vulnerable...and when I hear comments like
~I'm too busy to read your blog.
~I look at the pictures, but skim the words.
~Your family stories are interesting, your doll stories...not so much.
~Like the doll stories, not as interested in anything else.
etc....
Well, I think you understand.
My blog is not a platform to sell anything.  Many artists are trying to sell their art and I often wonder if they would blog if they were not working artists.
As I have often mentioned, I really do prefer the "scrapbooking" aspect of keeping track of my artistic adventures.  
I am not a public artist.  I started my blog for my ailing parents who have long since passed away.  My biggest fan is my dear husband, Joe, who enjoys looking at my journals and scrapbooks as much...if not more...than my blog.
So, with all that being said...I will continue to blog my Abe Adventures because I copy those and collect them in notebooks for Noah and Amy.  Amy's family likes to see those entries, which is why I need to keep my blog public.
I will also do the more lengthy Hittyville stories on my blog so I can print them off and put them in my Hittyville Stories Scrapbook.  I like the freedom of doing one or two picture stories for my scrapbook with my own writing and embellishments.
And, of course, not blogging on a regular basis allows me more time to work on other projects...and just be.
Hittyville is the heart of my creative life and blogging about it isn't enough anymore.  I want to continue to incorporate my Hittyville Friends into art projects and much more...maybe a book, poems, collages, paintings, assemblage pieces, and on and on...
I keep coming back to this place and felt I needed to explain why things may be a bit quiet here...for those few who do visit on a somewhat regular basis and I thank you for that with my whole heart.
As I grow older, I am becoming a more private person.  In the past, I have been so eager to share my thoughts...whether people wanted to hear them or not.  I am not quite as interested in the sound of my voice anymore.  I wish to express myself through my art and journaling.
This year of evolution continues to bring me inner peace and interestingly enough...focus.

~Wishing you the best of days~
Vicki of Hittyville

6 comments:

  1. I understand fully Vicki and am feeling much like you are. I enjoy reading your posts, whatever they may be...I love that you share your interests, passions, life and family and find you an inspiration. All the best, always do what suits you and your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorraine...Thank you for your kind words. I did notice a bit of a lull in your blogs as well and thought you must be busy with your son visiting and home projects...including your amazing sewing! Just needing some reflection and quiet time right now and I know you DO understand! Happy thoughts...

      Delete
  2. Hello Vicki, Just wanted to tell you that I enjoy your blog whether reading of your family or your doll adventures. I am rather new to you but have really enjoyed your imaginative and sweet stories. Thank you for making it public. Kind Regards, Debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Debra! I hope you will visit Hittyville often...

      Delete
  3. Big V, do what you want! Forget about what people say or how many followers you have. Be yourself, don't pour out your energy to strangers who make no effort to read or assimilate your ideas.

    Enjoy what you enjoy. What's the old maxim..."Never complain, never explain." Think of that if people don't respond as you would like. Then do what you love (bring Joe along and make sure he has something to build so we can see.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy...you are such a wise woman. From time to time, I wonder if all the work is worth it...and then I realize it is...because the blog is an extension of my "art". I also know there are many visitors who enjoy "listening" to my thoughts and reading my stories and that does brighten my day. Thank you...as always!

      Delete