Monday, August 18, 2014

Abe's VERY Busy Weekend

Hello Friends and Family!
I sure had a super fun filled weekend.  
On Saturday morning Mommy, Daddy, and I dropped Mommy's car off to get checked out...kind of like going to the Car Doctor.  Then we drove to Betsy's house way out in the country so Lucy and Ellie could get their hairs cut.  And then we drove to Lyn-Way to have lunch with Grandpa Joe, Oma, and Auntie Brooke!
Whew...

THEN we visited Auntie Brooke's classroom...

I can't wait to go to school and have my very own Treasure Box when I am bigger.  I hope Auntie Brooke will be my teacher!


 Grandpa Joe and I were having fun, but Oma wanted us to look at the camera.


 At least Auntie Brooke and Grandpa Joe are good listeners.
I was too busy looking around.


 Mommy really loved Auntie Brooke's classroom and wishes she would have had a math teacher just like Auntie Brooke.


 Grandpa Joe and I played "Turn the Fan Off and On".  I was doing my "more" sign language motions so Grandpa Joe would keep playing with me.


 Grandpa Joe looked pretty silly shaking a rattle.  I haven't done that since I was a little baby.


 Auntie Brooke's school has VERY long hallways...just perfect for walking.


 I heard Auntie Brooke and Daddy calling my name.


 I sure am a popular little guy.
Everyone wants to walk with me.  I am glad I finally got the hang of it!

Back on the Farm...
 I am so excited!  I got to play in the Front Porch Pond.


 I looked for some fish, but didn't see any.


 I was having quite a splash party and sadly had to leave to have my pants changed.
I still don't like using the word diapers.


 At least Auntie Brooke gave me some reading material while I was being cleaned up.
I LOVE Pete the Cat.  Thank you, Auntie Brooke!


 Grandpa Joe knows how much I like switches, so he taught me how to turn the kitchen light off and on.
Off...


 On...Thank you, Grandpa Joe!
I am now an expert on switches.


 It was time to say goodbye to the Farm and head back to our beautiful house in West Park!

The next day...
 Sunday was Family Planting Day.  We all met at Panini's to have lunch so we would feel strong enough to work.


 Mommy, Auntie Brooke and I drew some pictures while we waited for our food.
Don't you just love Auntie Brooke's fingernails?  


 My cousin, Elliott, FaceTimed me all the way from California!!!

Back home...
 Cassi planned out where all the plants should go.  Pat helped and so did Aunt Kate.  I love my family.


 Grandpa Joe got busy...


 Now for the actual planting!


 I have to admit, I am still learning how to go from sitting to standing without needing something to pull myself up with so I can walk.  Sometimes the only way for me to get around is to crawl.


 Aunt Kate is very pretty and funny, too!

Back inside my house...
 Pat, Cassi, and Aunt Kate had to leave and Mommy, Daddy, and Grandpa Joe got ready to plant.
Auntie Brooke was doing schoolwork, which meant Oma got to play with me.


 Oma let me play with her water bottle.


 I like my water cup much better.  It is smaller and there is a hole in the top so I can drink all by myself.  Grown-ups should use those kind of cups so they don't have to fiddle around with bottle caps each time they want a drink!


 I was trying to take a ride on my car but Oma seemed to think it was a bit too small for me.
I know, Oma...I was just joking with her!

Finally...
 Grandpa Joe got all the trimming done!


After a long day of teamwork, our front garden area is all planted.
Now we just have to wait for all the plants and bushes to grow up.
My house is looking more and more beautiful every weekend!

Today it's back to school for Mommy, Daddy, and me!
See you next time...
~Love from Abe~

No comments:

Post a Comment