Friday, August 8, 2014

My Life Path

I am missing my mom and dad today.  When I miss them, I get a bit reflective about my life's journey.
Today I am envisioning my path.

 This is my Today Path.  It is beautiful and there is sunlight and also some shadows.  I can only see so far ahead and I am reminded to stop and enjoy the view that is THIS day's offering.
It is magnificent!

 This is the path I see when I look back...my Past Path.
For me, it is colorful and wonderful and yet...
I really can't see all that far and then the view gets a bit blurry.
I notice my neck is hurting a bit.
I don't think we were created to look back for long periods of time.


 My Future Path is intriguing.  The view is dark with shafts of light which I find oddly comforting.
The future is definitely not where I belong.  It will be patiently waiting for me...as always.
No need for such distractions from TODAY.


And this is where my parents come in.
I imagine every Life Path transitions.  Today, I envision the gate as the separator of Life as we know it from the Eternity my soul is certain exists and where all my departed beloveds have traveled to.

The beauty of our Creator's design is that although we may be parted physically from those we love, they are still with us in spirit.
We just need to be still and wait for the "butterfly" to land and make itself known.
I believe this is one of God's many gifts to us.

~Feeling at peace~

2 comments:

  1. this is absolutely beautiful, Vick! so glad you shared it. cousin deb

    ReplyDelete