Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hitty Jane's Journal...Socrates and Paris

 Yesterday I introduced myself to Socrates, a Greek Tortoise who is one of Doll Mother's beloved Animal Friends.
Socrates was rather shy at first, but warmed up to me during our walk around Pixie Cottage.  I was really surprised by how fast my Tortoise Friend moved.  It was all I could do to keep up with him.
Socrates and I agreed to meet as often as we can on sunny days for walks around the farm.

Later...
 Every month, Doll Mother receives an illustrated letter from an artist who lives in Paris.  I was given the honor of opening August's correspondence.


 How so very interesting!  Marianne was the symbol of liberty during the French Revolution.  A woman was a selected as a break from the oppressive all-king monarcy.


Marianne appears on French postage stamps and each president chooses a new Marianne design for a stamp representing his/her term in office.
I think it would be fun to put Hittyville Friends on stamps.  Maybe Doll Mother could suggest this to the Post Mistress of Hittyville!

~Everyday is an adventure in learning~

No comments:

Post a Comment