Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hitty Jane's New Homestead and a Surprising Admission

 Hitty Jane spent an afternoon at the Hittyville Crafters Homestead with Beatrix Potter, Tasha Tudor, and Grandma Moses.
She absolutely LOVES these artistic ladies and from what I understand, they love her right back!


 Hitty Jane couldn't stop talking about the homestead and how it looked like an Enchanted Fairy House.


 Hitty Jane also carried on about the pond and animals that were part of the charming homestead property.
It suddenly became very clear to me what I should do.

Later...
 Hitty Jane and I traveled to Hobby Lobby and thank goodness, they had the very same homestead available and we happily brought it home to the farm.
Hitty Jane was beside herself with joy and must have thanked me 100 times!


 We both decided that all the walls and ceilings should be white to brighten up the rooms.


 Hitty Jane and I discussed where we should put the homestead.
Hitty Jane was quite adamant she wanted to be close to me and Joe, Brooke, and our Animal Friends.
My little Doll loves Hittyville and all the Hittyville Friends, but steadfastly remains my Doll "Daughter".


 I suggested the Library where there is lots of light and a perfect space that can be landscaped for Hitty Jane's homestead.

And then...
 Hitty Jane had been bursting to tell me some VERY BIG news and felt this was just the right time.
Last night, Hitty Jane discovered she is a Book Traveler!


 Dolls don't need as much sleep as Humans.  After I went to sleep, Hitty Jane opened a book I am reading and the next thing she knew, she was not only inside the book, but part of the story as well.
Hitty Jane spent the entire night with Anna who lives in the Pre-World War I era and had the most wonderful adventures.
I was a bit stunned, but thrilled to know Hitty Jane had discovered her "Gift".
Every Doll and Human has one!


 The Library would be the PERFECT place for Hitty Jane to spend her evenings.


 We have hundreds of books and are always adding to our collection.


 I have never seen ANYONE so excited in all my years!


 I think there will be enough Book Adventures to last Hitty Jane a LONG time!


 Yep...lots of books!

And...
 It may take a few days before her homestead is ready, but our bedroom will provide Hitty Jane with many adventures to choose from until then.


I think Hitty Jane will be joining the Bobbsey Twins tonight for a trip to a Ranch.
We need to find her a cowgirl hat!

And people wonder what I find so fascinating about Dolls...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I better not let any of her cousins see this post or they will all be wanting their own homesteads. It is a beautiful house. I wish I could live in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitty Jane was quite content without her own homestead, but I think with her growing collection of "things", she will need a space to store and admire them!

      Delete