Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snowy Day Projects

Yesterday we woke up to more of an ice problem than a snow problem which we were expecting and didn't really get the snow amounts we were promised.
The window is therma-pane and Joe was surprised by the ice glaze.
At least it was on the outside of the window!


The snow and ice glaze forced schools to be closed in our area.


 Joe stayed home and probably worked more in the studios than he would have had he gone to work.  He also plowed our driveway and shoveled...
The front of the barn roof is finished!


 Joe decided to put up all the assorted art pieces as well.
This is going to be our bird area.


Love this!


Bingo!


 Time for my art to go up...


The walls are sure filling up!


 Now for my Alphabet Art...
Thank you, Joe!


I organized my By the Sea assemblage piece.
Can't wait to get started!


Making headway on the Vixies Window Art.


 I like working on canvas, but want to try my hand at painting and collaging on wood.  My Window Art pieces are all on thin wood, because they are put behind window frames and can't be too heavy for hanging purposes.  This wood is a better grade and thicker.
The Home Depot man was very nice and cut the board into 6 pieces for me.


I am REALLY excited about using three of the boards to display the Hacienda Flores booklet Missy had printed off for all the siblings.  This will be a project close to my heart.
More on Hacienda later...

Off to paint!

2 comments:

  1. Looking amazing Vicki, I can only imagine having such a wonderful space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Lorraine! I am so blessed to have such a talented husband who knows how to build rooms...

      Delete