Thursday, February 6, 2014

Del Donahoo

Yesterday, Noah called to let me know my favorite Cleveland newscaster...ever...Del Donahoo...had passed away at the age of 90.
I was surprised by my reaction...which was a good cry that lasted at least a half hour.  Del came to Cleveland the year I graduated from high school and I watched him on WKYC TV until he retired about five years ago.
He was a gentlemen and delivered the news in a folksy, yet professional way.


I was blessed to have known Del Donahoo.  We attended the same church when I lived in Bay Village and I would chat with him now and then when we ran into each other while out and about.


My very favorite memories were of the early morning show with Tom Haley and Del.  I would check in with the very funny duo every morning before heading off to teach.  Tom Haley was a family friend and very close to my parents and his passing was also a great sadness to all of us.
So yesterday, I am certain I cried for Del, Tom, and most of all...my dear departed parents.
~I can only imagine the fun they are all having in Heaven~

No comments:

Post a Comment