Sunday, February 23, 2014

All About Memories

 I am so thankful for all of our wall space!
Notice anything new?


 This is a canvas I found at Hobby Lobby which is a picture of the Candy Land Game box I remember as a youngster!


 My Hacienda canvases have found a home.

And then...
 Joe found just the place to hang my Oma and Opa's organ pipes.


 My German grandparents had the pipes in their Bay Village home and after their passing, the pipes became a massive headboard in my parents bedroom for years...thanks to Joe, who painstakingly removed the pipes from Oma and Opa's home and reassembled them in Mom and Dad's.
The new owners of the Osborn Homestead dismantled the headboard and were actually going to throw the pipes away!
Thank goodness my sister rescued enough of them so all five of us children could have a few.  


The pipes were a backdrop for my mom and dad's wedding picture in 1948!
Pictured...Oma Jensen, Uncle Peter (Mom's brother), Grandma Elliott, Opa Jensen, Pat Collier, Dad, and 19 year old Mom...
The wedding was held in Oma and Opa's home and because Dad's father had recently passed away, there was no pomp and circumstance...as was the tradition in those days.


I was also able to give Brooke and Noah each an organ pipe and am thrilled my two pipes now live in Hittyville for me to enjoy every single day.

~Sweet Memories~

No comments:

Post a Comment