Sunday, December 15, 2013

Our Wonderful Weekend

 Joe put up my new bird.


Love her!
Thank you, Joe...


Joe also cleaned out Socrates' cage and I watched our tortoise go exploring.


He visited Granny Apple and Rover.


Socrates also took a "swim" in the Happy River.


I put him back in his pool and Socrates checked out his new piece of driftwood.


Back to his sunning spot.


I love Socrates.


He is one lucky tortoise.

Meanwhile...
We had quite a bit of snow this weekend and I felt like I was in a snow globe!


Brooke asked me to help her with some gifts for her teacher friends.


I decorated all the lids...time consuming...but fun.


I finally got the back banners up on the Hittyille Queen.


I was happy to see the ladies have come up with a design for the buntings which will be put up on the side railings.


This morning, we got out our Christmas CD's.


Joe found the container of Hittyville Christmas ornaments I made last year.


Joe put up our little tree....Brooke and I decorated it...and Brooke put on the Angel that is actually from my childhood tree.  This is Brooke's annual duty!


I love our small festive tree.  It fits into its special spot year after year and brings a feeling of continuity to my holidays.

~I love wintry weekends~

No comments:

Post a Comment