Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Helping Brooke

Brooke has discovered Pinterest...which is a good thing for her students and friends.  Although Brooke ordered huge delicious Christmas cookies for all 130+ students, she thought it would be fun to make an additional treat.
I could see where my help would cut the work in half and maybe we could enlist Joe to assist with the 1000 pieces of candy. 


 My job was to find unbroken pretzel ornaments and put a kiss on top of each one.  Joe and Brooke unwrapped over 1000 kisses!!!


After 6 minutes in the oven at 170 degrees, Brooke put an M and M on top of each kiss.
Then out to the porch the tray went until the candy hardened.  It was 17 degrees Sunday night, so that worked out perfectly.


My other job was to bag the candy.  I felt like Mrs. Claus!
It was a lot of work, but with the Christmas music and our tree lights, it was very festive and fun...


Just the day before, Brooke had given me this small gift.
My daughter's tokens of affection are always appreciated!
~She really is simply the best~

No comments:

Post a Comment