Sunday, January 4, 2015

Our New Feathered Friends

I LOVE birds and Hittyville is filled with them...but the kind that require no care, if you know what I mean.
I have wanted a couple of parakeets for some time.  I have had them in the past as well as an African Grey, cockatiels, and finches.
At one point, I decided I couldn't bear to have caged birds ever again.
And then...
I saw the most enchanting parakeets at PetSmart and realized these birds were bred to live domesticated lives and I could offer them a magical place to live filled with other animal friends and lots of music, light, and love!

And so...
 Brooke actually chose three of the beautiful birds...I chose the yellow one!


 I especially like the roomy flight cage.
I had lots of help from the "bird lady" in choosing perches, toys, and food.
Thank you, Amanda!


 Meet Orville...


 And Wilbur and Amelia...


And Charlie...Brooke's favorite.
I think you can surmise our birds were named for some rather well known aviators.
Today our birdies are listening to The Sound of Music and chirping along.
I wanted my new friends to live in Hittyville Hills, where I spend much of my time...Such great companions!

~Happy~

4 comments:

  1. Oh you have some budgerigars! I used to have some and eventually got them an aviary (in another life! In NZ) I just loved them. Would love to have some more one day...once we know what we are doing and where we are going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still considering a move back to NZ?

      Delete
    2. Yes definitely...although not sure my husband is as convinced - he tends to drag is feet somewhat, so I need to work on getting him to make a decision one way or another!

      Delete
    3. I hope your dream to move back to your homeland comes true!

      Delete