Sunday, January 4, 2015

And Then There Were Five

 Last night, while doing all kinds of pet shopping, Brooke fell in love with a little grey and white guinea pig, named him Buckeye, and insisted we bring him home with us.


We did and this adorable little critter spent the night in our "holding" cage getting used to his new home.


I really want my guinea pigs to have companions...if at all possibe...and decided to have Frosty and Buckeye spend some time in a neutral area getting to know one another.
The bathtub was the perfect place!

Later...
 Frosty was fine, but Buckeye needed some adjusting time.


So far...so good!

~Guinea Pigs are the best~

4 comments:

  1. Glad they are getting to know each other. Give them time :-) If you want to know some hints for best getting them to accept each other please feel free to email me.

    He looks a little like what we would call a Chinchilla, albeit a miss-marked one- very cute. I bet his coat is very soft and silky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give these two more time than I did the others! Thank you...I thought Buckeye looked like a chincilla as well! I used to have one, but guinea pigs are way more fun! He is so sweet...

      Delete
    2. In the UK in the showing world there is a 'new and emerging breed' called the Chinchilla - which obviously gets its name from the actual Chinchilla.

      Yes give them a bit more time (and don't be too scared to let them work out who is boss) ;-)

      Delete
    3. I wonder if Buckeye is of that breed...And the boys are getting along just fine, thank goodness!

      Delete