Sunday, November 16, 2014

Abe's New Stove

Hello Friends!
Yesterday morning, our stove caught on fire...on the inside...and 3 fire trucks and an ambulance came to help us!
Thank goodness we didn't need the ambulance and we really just needed one fire truck, but you never know!  The firemen took the stove outside and put snow all over it.
No other damage, but some smoke stayed in our house.
Mommy was self-cleaning the stove and the people who lived here before us must have used the bottom tray to feed their dogs...and the leftover food caused the fire...at least, that's what the fireman told Daddy.
Mommy and I had to go to our neighbor's house and I missed out on all the excitement!


Oma and Grandpa Joe came up from the farm to make sure we were okay and check the gas line, change the furnace filter, and best of all...wanted to buy us a new stove!  Grandpa Joe let me wear his hat while he did his work.


Oma told me Grandpa Joe needed his hat because we were all going to go shopping for a stove and his head gets very cold when he goes outside because he is bald.
It's a good thing I have my own hat, because my head gets cold too...and I have hair!

Later...
I was not allowed in the kitchen to watch the new stove being hooked up and that made me kind of mad.
Sometimes being little is very frustrating!


Oma felt sorry for me and asked me if I would show her my cars.
Now, that made me happy.


 Cars are my favorite thing in the world.
I wave to all the cars driving by and sometimes, they wave back to me!


Mommy has a happy face because the stove is installed and it works and the smoke smell is going away.
I am happy because I get to climb all over Mommy.  That is almost as much fun as playing with my cars.

This morning...
Mommy made her super duper special breakfast on our new stove...


Pear pancakes are my favorite!
We all love our new stove...

I just wanted to say how thankful I am we are all safe and sound!
Oma says I must have a special Guardian Angel.
I think she is right.

~Love from Abe~

1 comment:

  1. Glad that no major damage was done!

    Pear Pancakes - look delicious!

    ReplyDelete