Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Holiday Family Fun

 Our very large family is all about sharing adventures...especially Christmas ones.


 We decided to meet at a local garden center and get into the holiday spirit!


 The children loved the dinosaurs...


 Opa was there in spirit!


 We all got to meet my nephew John's absolutely adorable fiancee, Jessie.
It was love at first meeting!


 The Talking Tree is a major attraction for the little ones.


 Abe was not at all interested.  He had other things on his mind.


 My determined grandson was in search of the perfect Christmas tree.


 He found it!


 Every tree had a name and this one was waiting for our very own Abe.


 Even Abe couldn't believe it...


 Oh, happy day!


Abe agreed to visit Santa...if his mom could join him...as well as his cousins, Keith and Dion.

And then...
 Our family gathered at our favorite Mexican restaurant for a late lunch.
We missed you, Missy!


 Abe was looking forward to some chicken and rice.


 We had an early birthday celebration for my niece, Lindsay.


 The cousins sure do have fun together!
It was truly the best of times.

Later...
 Joe and Noah set up the Abe tree.


 Brooke did some schoolwork on Noah and Amy's new furniture while we waited for pizza.
Their West Park home is really coming along...still lots to do...but things are taking shape.

The next day...
 Joe and I headed back up to the Cleveland area so I could visit Joe's latest project.
Father Christmas just happened to be walking around Grand Pacific Junction.


 I am always amazed at my husband's ability to restore old buildings.


 I wonder who will rent this space?


 Lots of room...


 I would love a Hittyville Tower!
Hint, hint.

A bit later...
 Noah and Amy invited us to see their decorated tree and frost some Christmas cookies with Abe.


 The Abe tree looked just perfect!


 Joe and I couldn't resist giving Abe a Sesame Street road map and some cars and farm equipment for his one and one half year birthday.


 Joe and I love little Abe so very much!


 Time to frost the sugar cookies.


 Teamwork...


Abe enjoyed several cookies and Lucy enjoyed the crumbs.

It was another very special day with family.
I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. The Abe tree: what a kick. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a grandparent is the best "job" I have ever had!

      Delete