Thursday, June 26, 2014

Some Enchanted Evening

 Last night at Lyn-Way, we were having dinner with our friend, Jim, and he introduced us to another Lyn-Way regular, Dwayne.
I could not believe my eyes!  He looks just like this picture of Mickey Rooney.
Of course, I told him he could be Mickey Rooney's twin and he laughed and told me he gets that all the time.


 I immediately envisioned my new friend as a younger Mickey and asked him if he could sing and he responded he did and from what I heard later, is quite a talent.
I decided to call him Mickey-D and felt a kinship with this very nice man.

Tonight...
Mickey-D and his wife again dined at Lyn-Way and he told me he had noticed me before because of my "braids"...and that I reminded him of Judy Garland when he first saw me!
How amazing is that?

And then...
My new friend sat next to me in our booth and leaned over, put his arm around the back of my seat, and proceeded to serenade me in the most beautiful voice!
For that brief space of time, I felt as though we were Mickey and Judy in an old Andy Hardy movie and it was just beyond wonderful...

~Those are the moments that make life worth living!

No comments:

Post a Comment